I have been doing this all by myself for some years now. Here's what I found out this year. Pls bear in mind this is subjective stuff.
- Young teams, from Gotland as well as for the first time from both Germany and Switzerland, takes huge leaps forward and managed to rout some established teams on their way to Sweet sixteen. Watch out for teams like the domestic "Ingen", the Swiss "Foyer United" and German "Hägar-Club Schindhard".
- Foreign teams get better and better all over the line. Nowadays, it's not enough to be born, raised and living close to Rone anymore. For the first time it was 50/50 between foreign and domestic teams in Sweet sixteen.
- About Inkast, to succed, a significant number of inkastare manage to bounce the kubb both left and right after landing. Earlier years, only two-three players could do that with consistecy. Just go practice, kids :)
- About attacking the raised formations, a significant number of teams tend to stay in front of the formations using the baton bounces for damage rather than the kubbs, and not running out in the corners for longer shots. It even became tactics, trick your opponents out in the far opposite "losers corner" for longer and unsafer hits.
- More players throw at the kubbs a little from one side, thus facing larger "hit area" (witch then increases with 40%)
- When will more teams deliberately adopt substitution of players as a strategy for raising the total hit rate of the team?