Greetings fellow Kubbmunity members!
My name is Matt Doan, and I am a member of the Great Lakes Kubb Club, based out of northern Michigan.
On April 30th 2016, the head of our club, Phil Dickinson, is hosting the first annual 1v1 tournament in his backyard. As of right now, i believe there are 10 pitches, 16 people have RSVP'd to go, with many more probably showing up, whether they told us or not. Please contact Phil on his Facebook page if you are interested in going, and he will give you further details.
1. entry fee is $20. You are guaranteed to walk away with something, whether it's a handcrafted Kubb drink holder, or a trophy!
2. We are using the 2,4,6 rule
3. All games are single elimination with 25 minute time limits for general games, and no time limit for the championship rounds (top 8 players)
4. We are also using the 100% rule for inkasting, and as far as we know, we are the first tournament the United States to use this rule.
5. All pitches have grass terrain, and will be painted, there will be no middle stakes (cue angelic music) and we are still undecided on whether or not we are keeping the corner stakes or not.
i will now quote the information from the 1v1 championship Facebook page, which you can find here:
Mark your calendars. Michigan 1 v 1 Kubb is scheduled for Saturday, April 30 starting at 10 a.m. It will be the largest 1 v 1 tournament in the world with painted kubbs, painted pitches, and a drink holder on every corner. Limit 104 players. It will be a party with music, food, and beverages. All participants will get a participation medal/custom made bottle opener and a king crown drink holder. Bonfire and game friendlies on Friday and Saturday night. Camping on site, if needed (electric and water hook up). At noon, a King Slaying contest for a money prize. Oh, and stay tuned: Coming to Alanson on September 10 is the Great Lakes Kid Kubb Championship, one of only a handful of Kid Kubb tournaments in the world. See you on the pitch? Kubb on!
happy kubbing guys!